Saturday, October 6, 2007

Longer stay in CHC

No news on my bags, still living with what I had in my carry on. Good news though, the airplane we were supposed to take down to the ice broke and the back up is not here so we are in Christ Church until at least tomorrow and maybe the next day. I tried on all my cold weather gear today. Afterwards I rode the bus out to Sumner and walked the beach a while. I will put up some pictures as soon as I can get to a computer that I'm allowed to hook my camera up to. Tomorrow I'm not sure what my plans are. The weather might be a bit cool and rainy here. I looked at surfing here but the waves are nothing spectacular and the water is quite cold. I may rent a motorcycle and head over the mountains just a couple hours away. The weather is supposed to be dry there. The bikes here are cheap to rent, just about $60NZ per day for a high end motorcycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt!

Sounds like things are mostly good!

Can't wait for the photos!

Still gonna be able to fly in NZ?

Stay warm.

John