Saturday, May 10, 2008

The guys at the Kawi dealer in Whitehorse really helped out. They let me do my own work to get the muffler back on, do an oil change and get the bike back on the road. The oil change and parts for the muffler were only $30 too. Blasted up to Tok, Alaska today. Cleared customs easy. First person to greet me in Tok was a native looking for a hand out. "say, can you give me dollar" me "no" him "you can't or you won't" me "both" him "can you give me a smoke" me "no" him "you can't or you wont" me "both" him " well hey go in there and buy me a pack a smokes eh" me "no" him "how 'bout some beers eh" me "you smell like you had plenty" so then I get this sob story about his wife, kids, blah blah. So then the next guy starts in with the same racket. Ug, oh well, stay clear of the natives I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like nice people, I happen to know a native down here in Denver. That native guy doesn't seem to want too much compared to the native girl I know down here.