Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good news

Well, as of right now October is a sure thing so thats great news. I could leave in a week but that is up in the air and to be honest I could go either way. More time gives me the opportunity to get some things accomplished. I can do some flying, enjoy the rest of the summer and just get more of my ducks in a row. But leaving earlier means more money.

The mountain flight went great! Wish I had brought a camera, oh well. We went to Leadville, then Kremling, Grandby and home. We burned up about 3500 feet of runway getting off at Leadville. The airplane normally takes only about 1500 feet at home. The take of was a little hairy, the airplane lifted off, got about 6 inches up, then plopped back down. But in the end we got up and actually got about 3-4 hundred feet per minute of climb. That is stellar for an old Cessna taking off at 10 thousand feet.

No comments: