Sunday, August 19, 2007

October 11

I know for sure now that I'm going to be setting foot on Antarctica October 11. That means a couple days of training and orientation before and the flight so my departure from Denver looks like it will happen towards the first week in October. Thats good. I'm going to be finished with the instrument rating here in a week, then down to Kingman, Arizona to get the commercial single and multi engine licenses. Alot of flying to do and alot of money to spend but worth every bit. I've been eyeing job posting in Alaska and it seems if I can just get a minimum amount of experience flying then I will be hireable there. There have been numerous job posting for C206 and C207 pilots with an opportunity to move on to something turbine powered.

Just finnished reading Into the Wild. Its the story of a young guy that finishes college and goes out to live on the road with the very least amount of belongings. In the end he heads for Alaska in a attempt to live of the land for an indefinite period of time. He takes no map, compass, and only a 10 pound bag of rice for food. In the end he lasts over 100 days living in an abandoned bus in the middle of the bush before his own mistakes and lack of preparedness get him killed. True story and a very good book.

No comments: